After your car gets flooded there are questions you have to ask yourself. Does your car insurance cover flood damage? Is your car repairable or even worth fixing? What should you do?
Your car is covered for damages caused by flood only if you have a comprehensive car insurance which basically takes care of everything that happens to your car aside from collision damages.
Remember that when flood water gets to your car, you can still have it repaired and fixed but you will have major issues when it comes to the electrical and odors you cannot imagine on the carpets and seats. You also have to see if the car is worth repairing and where you are at on your car loan.
If your car gets flooded here are some things you need to do:
1. Never start a flooded car until it has been inspected and cleaned.
2. Dry the vehicle as much as possible to decrease the time that the parts of the car are soaked in water.
3. Call your insurance company and report that your car has been flooded.
4. Take note of the highest level of flood water on your car . This may help the technician in assessing the condition of your vehicle.
5. Contact your mechanic and schedule your car to be checked.
6. Replace all the fluids, filters, and gaskets that have been exposed to flood waters.
7. Have a technician inspect all the electrical components of your car.